So, the beautiful coastal city of Chennai was one of the preferred places for the Britishers. Also, at the same, the same coastal area is magnified with some best investment banking jobs in Chennai. These investment banking jobs in Chennai are amongst the top investment banking companies in Chennai.
So, first of all, let’s kick off the discussion with the list of investment banking companies in Chennai.
List of Investment Companies in Chennai
|Investment Companies in Chennai|
|Franklin Tempelton||Chennai||Asset Management|
|JLL||Chennai||Real estate valuation|
|Vivitri Capital||Chennai||Investment Banking|
|Bajaj Capital||Chennai||Wealth Management|
|Ind Bank||Chennai||Investment Banking|
|Munoth Financial services||Chennai||Operations|
Details of Investment Banking Jobs In Chennai
Now, ill be honest with you Chennai is not really known for investment banking jobs. Nevertheless, it does have enough so that you can start you career. While majority of the investment companies in Chennai are multinational corporations.
At the same time there are some boutique investment banks in Chennai too. So, ill cover and dig deeper into their operations and recommend you whether these opportunities can make sense for you.
Franklin Templeton is an investment company in Chennai, that is one the largest asset management companies. With over one trillion in AUM.
While its pretty interesting that the main office where the real work of investment happens is in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
Franklin Templeton AMC Limited (Sales, Investment and Products),Century Centre,75 TTK Road, Alwarpet,Chennai 600 018,India
Jobs at Franklin Templeton Chennai
Junior Research Analyst
- The role will involve identifying equity investment opportunities through analysis of stocks and sectors including modelling of financial projections.
- It will require interacting with company management, industry experts and conducting channel checks.
- What ideal qualifications, skills & experience would help someone to be successful?
- Ideal profile would be a person with 2-3 years of experience post CA or MBA from top tier college.
- In addition to candidates with equity research experience, we are also open to those with other experience but familiarity with financial statements and financial modelling.
Highlights of our benefits include:
- Professional development growth opportunities through in-house classes and over 150 Web-based training courses
- An educational assistance program to financially help employees seeking continuing education
- Medical, Life and Personal Accident Insurance benefit for employees. Medical insurance also cover employee s dependents (spouses, children and dependent parents)
- Life insurance for protection of employees families
- Personal accident insurance for protection of employees and their families
- Personal loan assistance
- Employee Stock Investment Plan (ESIP)
You would be surprised to know that Crisil, which is now a listed investment company in India. While, it was actually formed by ICICI & UTI together in 1988. While initially, CRISIL was into ratings, it moved to research & Analytics.
During 2005, this research company called as irevna was acquired by CRISIL, which led to the commencement of the Chennai operations.
Investment Banking Jobs at Crisil Chennai
Credit/Equity Research Analyst
Qualification: MBA from reputed institute / Chartered Accountant/ M Com/ CFA Level 2
Build end to end financial models for companies in coverage and peers. It also includes understanding sector drivers and forecast company’s relevant credit metrics and conducting valuation
- Update and restructure models for earnings and events
- Assist in writing earnings report and initiation reports
- Contribute to various publications including initiations and earning notes
- Build and update sector databases in Excel
- Provide data and analysis based on various client request
- Search and aggregation on sector and companies
3-Investment Banking Job in Chennai- Barclays
Barclays is a British multinational investment bank, headquartered in London, with its service arm having operations in In India. In India they have multiple offices including Chennai.
Data Analyst– Job At Barclays Chennai
• Support the production and submission of monthly external reporting to our key regulators (PRA and Fed);
• Support the production and distribution of key management reports used for risk decision making;
• Provide inputs for liquidity related external disclosures and ILAAP;
• Monitor controls across Liquidity Risk Reporting;
• Perform Monthly reconciliations of liquidity data to the Balance sheet;
• Execute controls and governance around reconciliations;
• Actively search for opportunities to continuously improve our processes.
Anand rathi is one of the leading investment companies in Chennai and India with services spread across investment banking, broking, research & wealth management.
Jobs at Anand Rathi Investment Company In Chennai
1.Acquire quality clients through networking, database, market intelligence and references from existing clients. 2. Generate Cross Sell revenue through Financial Planning. 3. Promote Focus Product of the month. 4. Maintain records of business on internal software. 5. Induct new clients to the Central Dealing Desk for smooth interaction and services. 6. Liaison with Central Dealing Desk for revenue generation and query resolution. 7. Conduct activities for Client Acquisition and Financial Planning. 8. Ensure compliance as per various regulator and organization guidelines. 9. Maintain the brand image of the organization. 10. Products like – MF, Insurance, Broking, FD, Bonds, PMS, FD and Wealth Mgmt Services. Other Job Responsibilities – 1.Market Intelligence – Identify potential threats and opportunities. 2. Maintain a congenial work environment. 3. Maintain the brand image of the organization. Job Specification
So, Jones Lang Lasalle is an investment management firm, specializing in real estate valuation. Moreover, it is one of the fortune 500 companies with annual revenue of $16.6 Billion. While, it is present in over 80 countries and boasts a workforce of 91000 employees.
Jobs at JLL Chennai
Role: Analyst, Strategic Consulting
- Prepare financial analysis of various real estate projects based on the market data.
- Assist in the evaluation of deal scenarios looking at returns/metrics such as NPV, IRR, ROI, etc.
- Provide proactive financial analysis, reporting and research with respect to the company’s real estate assets.
- Assist in the Real Estate decision-making process through financial reporting and presentations.
- Develop analysis of economic, demographic and real estate market data.
- Create thorough reporting for regular portfolio meetings and senior management reviews.
- Support the real estate team to accomplish the goals and objectives of the department.
- The Analyst will be a key member of the Corporate Real Estate team and will be responsible for supporting all real estate portfolio activity and growth efforts for a diverse portfolio of commercial real estate.
- The Analyst needs to have sound knowledge of real estate market and should have the requisite experience in the development of financial models for real estate projects.
- Sharp analytical skills with a proven track-record in the management consulting practice.
- Street smartness with ability to represent Feedback in the market.
- Well-versed with MS excel skills.
- Ability to conduct primary research, consumer survey interviews, etc.
- Excellent English writing / report preparation capabilities.
- Good MS PowerPoint skills.
- Excellent team player.
- Experience of working with top management / strategic consulting organizations.
Vivitri capital is a tech enabled market place for investors, institutional investors which offers financial solutions. So, they provide multiple solutions like term loans, working capital, cash credit etc to business in India.
Investment Banking Jobs at Vivitri Capital
Credit Associate: Job Description
Fund deployment phase:
- Conduct due diligences, prepare investment notes, seek IC approvals
- Seek, analyze, and structure data provided by clients
- Thorough field diligence & meetings with the senior management of investee entities
- Prepare insightful credit report for presentation to Investment Committee with cogent recommendations
- Post deployment phase:
- Identifying early warning signs of credit deterioration
- Investment monitoring, field visit, management meetings, calls, etc.
- Regular Updates to Investment Committee
- Suggestions on portfolio Rebalancing
- Track assigned sectors closely and publish regular research reports to internal and external stakeholders
- Desired skills and experiences
- Possess 2+ years of relevant credit assessment experience, i.e.
- project finance assessment experience of infrastructure projects such as power, renewable energy etc or
- Debt raise or corporate finance teams of large infrastructure developers
- Be brilliant with numbers, analysing financial statements, managing and interpreting data and solving problems – to aid in taking investment decisions
- Have excellent report writing skills
- Be as ambitious as we are, and hence be willing to go out of her / his way to burn the midnight oil to meet targets and deadlines
- Possess a good eye for detail and have demonstrated ability to work under pressure.
HDFC securities of HDFC bank, which is a financial services company. Now, they are majorly into broking related services like equities, mutual funds, SIPS, ETFs etc.
Jobs at HDFC Securities
Relationship Manager/Senior Relationship Manager – Equity Dealing
Location- Chennai/ Salem / Coimbatore/ Trichy
Experience required: 1 Years to 5 years
Roles & Responsibilities:
1. Execution of trade orders on behalf of clients.
2. Building relationships with clients & educating them about Investments.
3. Client Acquisition as per targets and cross selling of 3rd party products (MF, Insurance, SIP etc).
4. Client meetings and bank branch visits as per goal sheet.
1. Executing Trade Orders.
2. Advising Clients based on Research Report.
1. Graduation (preferably finance specialization).
2. NISM 8 certification (Equity & derivatives) / NISM 5 certification (Mutual Funds).
3. Stock Market knowledge is mandatory.
4. Should possess good communication skills.
5. Dealing & Cross Sales Experience is must .
Other Jobs in Investments in Chennai
So, after covering the major jobs in investment banking in Chennai, now I am listing other types of opportunities in brief. Which you can check it out.
• Firstly,Incumbents will be responsible for financial advisory through the process of Financial Planning and to ensure revenue targets across products are met consistently.
• Secondly,Penetration of all products including Mutual Funds ( Major product), Insurance(LI & GI), FD, Bonds, IPO’s, in all client portfolios and to Identify opportunities to cross-sell & deep-sell by profiling clients in detail.
•Thirdly, Acquisition of a new Clients. / Acquire and build relationship with HNI clients and handling and reviewing their portfolios.
•Finally,portfolio Management, client servicing for an existing portfolio in terms of investments and handling and reviewing their portfolios/ To Analyze, understand customer’s 360 degree financial needs and fulfill with appropriate products.
So, currently when I am creating this article, there seems to be no openings. However, be advised that Indbank is a merchant banking services firm, so they will have openings in research and investment banking.
Munoth Financial services
So Munoth financial services is also a registered merchant investment banking firm in bangalore. While you can clearly see, that they deal into portfolio management, merchant banking and depository services.
However, again at this point in time there seems to no open positions. So I wont be able to list them. But do check their website and linked in pages to be updated about it.
Chennai, investment banking jobs scene can be frustrating when you don’t know where to look. The approach of looking at investment banking jobs in Chennai is not straight forward. If you want help from a professional, then do check out our financial modeling and investment banking courses, for placements in Chennai in investment Banking