CFA full form stands for Chartered financial analyst(CFA), a globally recognised investment finance qualification from the United States. It is the world’s largest investment professional qualification with around 2.35 lac charter holders world wide in more than 185 countries.
It is one of the most prestigious investment specialisations in the world. If you ask me why I pursued it? Then the answer would be knowledge, and that’s the truth. So, Let’s start discussing whether you should pursue this or not.
The most prestigious qualifications in the field of investment banking & Core finance
Specialises in investment management
The minimum Eligibility criteria is the Final year of graduation
Four years of any work ex if not graduate
4.5 Lacs INR To 8 Lacs is the entry-level salary.
Pass rates at level 1 are around 37%
The total cost of pursuing level one is around INR 86000.
What is CFA?
Also, for the person to qualify as a charter holder, the candidate has to prove a minimum of four years of experience in investments. CFA institute was officially formed in 1947 as a non-profit organisation initially called the ‘ National Federation of Financial analysts societies’. So basically, the qualification took birth from societies formed for analysts in the U.S.
Brief Historical Timeline of CFA Designation
- 1947: investment societies of Boston, Chicago, New York and Philadelphia formed the National Federation of Financial analysts
- 1959:NFAS board changes the name to ‘ Institute of Financial analysts
- 1961: NFAS changed the name back to ‘Financial analysts Federation.’
- 1962: Charted Financial Analyst designation was officially formed with its first code of conduct.
- 1963:The first 283 candidates gave the exam, and 268 charters were awarded
Is CFA for you?
Any person who wishes to make a career in Investment banking, Fund Management and core finance.
- Who: If you are interested in developing expertise in investment analysis and management.
- Alternate to MBA: Looking for a cost-effective qualification with the same edge.
- Competitive Advantage: As a CFA candidate, you stand out based on knowledge
- Global Recognition: Recognised in more than 200 countries
CFA average salary
The CFA Course syllabus
Minimum Eligibility for the Exam
For Under Graduates
- Bachelor’s Degree or Final year of any graduation.
- Your final graduation exam dates should be 11 months away.
- 4000 hrs of professional work experience, which needs to be acquired in a minimum of 3 or above years.
- The experience doesn’t have to be investment-related.
- Internships or article ships do not qualify as work experience.
CFA Exam Registration & Fees
CFA level One Fee in Indian Currency for the Year 2022
- USD/INR rate assumed at INR 75
CFA Fees in Indian Currency For the Year 2023
Registration Process for CFA
If you want to register for the CFA exams, then you need first to visit: https://www.cfainstitute.org/en/programs/cfa/register.
- Create an account with the CFA institute
- Hold a Valid International passport
- Select and add your education details
- Toggle your attempt at the CFA exam
- Pay the fees using a credit card
Exam and Testing Pattern
CFA exam schedule 2021 & 2022
Exam Centers in India
- New Delhi
Relevance of CFA in India
The future of CFA Designation
CFA Material- Free Ebook
Free CFA Course
We at Mentor Me Careers believe in making education more possible for you. Of course, those who have the means and resources can always spend dollars in preparing for the exam. However, I am talking to those who don’t and still want to pursue it, and then Mentor Me Careers provides free access to our updated learning portal. This access boasts
- 3000 Questions for practice
- More than 100 Hrs of videos
- Mock Papers
- Updated content.
Visit our main CFA course page using this link: Free CFA level 1 Course by Mentor Me Careers.