So, although you might think why did I make this list. Where you can easily check all investment banks in hyderabad . Well, that list doesn’t also guide you on the different kinds of jobs and opportunities available. Now, without more due, let me get started with the list
You are free to use this image anywhere, provided you credit the source to this page.
investment banks in hyderabad- Complete List
So I have compiled the best and relevant list of finance companies, which are well known. Also, these are the companies, where freshers and working professionals can get a start in their careers.
Goldman Sachs- investment banks in hyderabad Number 1
So, there is no need of any introduction of goldman sachs. Goldman sachs is a global investment bank with presence across the world, but more so presence in Hyderabad, bangalore and Mumbai.
Also, broadly speaking goldman sachs has its services across the following functions;
- Asset Management
- Investment banking
And others which I don’t want to list it out here. Now specifically since we are talking about finance companies in Hyderabad, let me list out the jobs in hyderbad specifically.
Jobs at Goldman Sachs Hyderabad
Here in Hyderabad, Goldman Sachs has two major areas for opportunities
Audited Related-Software Development
So, this is the internal team of Goldman sach involved with internal controls. Now, this business unit is also related to the core engineering team of Gold man sachs in hyderbad.
As per the job description given on the website, the following are the primary responsibilities expected;
- As a member of the team, you will gain satisfaction through adding value and contributing to the team’s initiatives
- Propose, design, and implement software solutions to enhance our services and enable new business functions
- Perform hands-on development; participate in architecture and design discussions, and design reviews
- Work closely with other engineering teams across the firm to develop data feeds
- Work closely with the global user group to support and enhance the applications to meet new requirements
- Understand the business workflows to assist in analysing and converting business requirements into technical specifications
Again, the same objective but a different team. The data analytics team is also related to the internal audit team, however the work is related to data analytics.
Hence, the primary job functions include;
- Execute on DA strategy developed by IA management within the context of audit responsibilities, such as risk assessment, audit planning, creation of reusable tools and providing innovative solutions to complex problems
- Partner with audit teams to help identify risks associated with businesses and facilitate strategic data sourcing and develop innovative solutions to increase efficiency and effectiveness of audit testing
- Build production ready analytical tools to automate repeatable and reusable processes within IA
- Build and manage relationships and communications with Audit team members
Global Operations in Banking
So, the hyderbad office has a business unit with for handling client relationships for Goldman Sachs’s global banking operations. Here the major work is checking the accuracy of the client’s data. Where, I am talking about client onboarding, I am talking about investment banking institutional clients.
As per the goldman sach Website, below is the job responsibilities;
- Undertaking AML checks to ensure adherence to all Compliance policies, procedures and regulatory obligations.
- Respond promptly and knowledgeably to queries from clients, the business and other internal departments.
- Risk and issue identification and escalation.
- Assisting with identifying, defining and enhancing process efficiencies which will benefit COB.
- Participating in regular meetings with Management, Compliance and Quality Assurance to maintain strong relationships across the board.
- Participating in ad hoc onboarding projects as required.
So in conclusion we can say the Goldman Sachs finance company in Hyderabad has
- Internal Audit Department
- Data Analytics Roles
- Software development roles
- Investment Banking Operations
- Client Onboarding functions
Broadridge- investment banks in hyderabad Number 2
Now, Broadridge is global fintech company, with $5 Billion in revenue, established in the year 1962. Further, Broadridge which primarily was involved into investment banking operations, offers services in;
- Asset Management
- Capital Markets
- Corporate finance
- Wealth Management
Jobs at Broadridge in Hyderbad
So let me categorize, the jobs offered by broadridge finance company in;
As per the career portal of Broadridge, below is the primary responsibilities in the technical role
3-5 years Functional/Automation Testing experience in a SDET role.
• Hands-on experience with test plan development, test case generation, test plan execution, formal defect tracking and reporting methodologies
• Experience working in an Agile methodology using JIRA/Xray.
• Automation experience using UFT/QTP tool.
• DevOps experience using Jenkins and GIT preferred.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, client-focused, dynamic environment.
• Experience in the Financial Industry is preferred.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Mandatory UK Shift Timings (1 to 10 PM IST)
So, this is more related to investment banking operations and the role demands the following;
- Complete trainings including Onboard training (OBT), reading process computer-based training (CBT) document, process procedures document and being fully hands-on in 2-3 months
- Focus on delivering high standard output that is error free delighting the client
- Monitor process DFLs and give heads-up to associates for completing activities in time
- Ability to transition a client process from their location including learning, documenting, training and supervision
- Add value to the process by sharing ideas with the Supervisor/Manager
- Participate and encourage associates to participate in various events and develop working relationships with clients, colleagues that enriches BR culture
- Ability to learn and transition a client process and including learning, documenting, and training
- Be fully hands-and resolve and address client process issues and escalations
- Provide support to the Managers including gathering metrics, reporting and any administrative activities
- As part of risk management adhere to workflow supervisory procedures
- Manage various associate engagement initiatives as part of service profit chain
Firstly, don’t confuse this with investment banking operations, but this might be more of a relationship management for clients. Now, I am saying this because, the job descriptions says so,
• First, Addressing daily workload, with high volumes.
• Secondly, Analyze issues in Production and follow up of the issues with corrective and preventive actions.
• Third, Working with multiple teams.
• Fourth, Need to do multi-tasking when required.
• Fifth, Understand and learn the process.
• Finally, Ability to Think out of box and proposing process improvements ideas.
BNP Paribas- investment banks in hyderabad Number 3
Firstly BNP Paribas is one of the oldest European banks established in India, dating back almost to 1869. So, that should automatically point us to the scale of its operations. Mostly, when people think of BNP Paribas, they think its just an investment bank but below is pictorial description, I created to illustrate the various operations of BNP Paribas.
Jobs at BNP Paribas
So, considering that there are so many types of services, BNP is involved in. Similarly, there are many types of jobs across departments, functions and business.
Now, the job functions at BNP Paribas are available in
- Corporate Real estate
- Risk management
- Securities processing
And these are just some of the functions I listed.
So, this is a graduate level entry program by BNP Paribas and below is the listed job responsibilities.
- Track relevant financial markets and help the team in seizing trading opportunities.
- Monitor news and events and provide market synopsis through emails and other electronic medium.
- Book trading desk’s deals in trade capture systems.
- Work with operational support functions to facilitate and monitor the settlement process.
- Attend relevant regulatory and product/skill trainings.
- Work with quants/IT on pricing tools and other risk management systems.
- Confirmation of Daily PnL at EOD.
Wells Fargo- investment banks in hyderabad Number 4
Another big name in the list of finance companies in Hyderabad, is wells fargo. Which is an American company with $1.9 Trillion in assets. Moreover, the main reason for its operations in India, is due to its middle market operations and investment banking services.
Jobs at Wells Fargo
Again, a lot of category of jobs available at wells fargo hyderbad, but I am going to restrict my discussion to few categories including finance.
CIB Finance Commercial Real Estate FP&A – Finance Analyst
Job responsibilities include:
- Financial Planning & Analysis (FPA) activities
- Tracking and execution of CRE management reporting deliverables. This is aligned with financial data, analysis and insights provided to US CRE LOB business partners
- Forecasting on the annual plans, 5 year, outlook and rolling forecasts with monitoring and tracking against the outlook.
- Understand and where required, communicate on details of revenues, direct and indirect operating expense planning and analysis.
- Ad-hoc management reporting analysis on CRE balance sheet, income and expense items.
- Data analytics and management
- Maintain Essbase data, organization hierarchies, data mapping
- Loading and analysis data on large data sets
- Advanced Excel and moderate Visual Basic skills would be an advantage
- Presentations and documentation, as required
- Prepare presentations based on FPA insights and reviews for senior management
- Maintain process documentation and maps, SOPs, etc.
- Standardize presentations across multiple stakeholder
- Project support
- Execution support of CRE strategic initiatives
- Participate or manage ad-hoc project that may arise from Finance project initiatives
- Control activities and operational Risk support
- Develop processes and infrastructure controls to ensure ongoing compliance with all relevant Wells Fargo’s policies and procedures.
- Issue management support to close, monitor, build controls, etc.
- Operational support of model risk, end user computing tools, tracking, remediation, etc.
- Maintain and support business continuity plans
- Produce complex reporting and analytics to provide management with meaningful insight into underlying drivers impacts balances and income forecasts
- Ensure accurate recurring deliverables are completed timely, establish controlled processes, and support ongoing strategic initiatives such as forecast transformation efforts, process improvements, forecasting model built-out and enhancement, etc.
- Constantly look for opportunities to improve processes, enhance controls, and build advanced analytics
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues and managers to meet deadlines, resolve issues and achieve goals
- Receive direction from leaders and exercise independent judgment while developing the knowledge to understand function, policies, procedures, and compliance requirements
This job is more related towards internal controls and not an external service. So the job responsibilities include the following.
- Provide consultation to more experienced leadership for financial accounting related matters
- Perform complex activities associated with maintaining ledger accounts, developing financial statements and regulatory reports
- Gather and review financial data for financial and regulatory reports
- Review data from the general ledger, unit reports and various financial systems to ensure accuracy
- Prepare and review account reconciliations and certifications
- Analyze projects relating to financial accounting procedures, methods or systems
- Perform ongoing financial control functions in accordance with internal controls policies
- Provide functional advice and training to individuals
- Provide support for compliance and risk management requirements
- Collaborate and consult with stakeholders throughout the enterprise
Bank of America- investment banks in hyderabad Number 5
Now BOA, has been operating in India since 1964, with services spread across multiple verticals. In india, BOA is incorporated as Bank of America Securities Ltd, the same company was formally known as DSP Merill Lynch.
Their career portal: https://careers.bankofamerica.com/
Total number of employes in India: 50,000
Invesco- investment banks in hyderabad Number 6
Invesco is another finance company in Hyderbad, which is based out of Atlanta Georgua, U.S. Moreover they are spread across 26 countries, one of which is in India. In india they have a presence in hyderabd, kochi & Mumbai.
Career Portal: https://invesco.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/IVZ
JP Morgan- investment banks in hyderabad Number 7
John Pierpont Morgan, Is the full form of JP in the famous finance company in hyderbad name, if you didn’t know that already. So, JP morgan started their operations in In India, during 1992. While now their major areas are investment banking and corporate banking services.
JP morgan has presence across three cities in India, Mumbai, Bangalore and Hyderabad.
Career Portal: https://careers.jpmorgan.com/global/en/students/programs
Total employees in India: 35000
State street- investment banks in hyderabad Number 8
State street is a financial services company based out of U.S, formerly known as union bank.They provide services across fund adminstrattion, collateral management, data analytics etc.
Their career portal: https://careers.statestreet.com/global/en
Total Employees in India:38784
UBS- investment banks in hyderabad Number 9
UBS, who’s full form is union bank of Switzerland, is one of the largest wealth management firms. Offering mostly asset management or private banking services in India.
Total employees in India:10000
DE Shaw India- investment banks in hyderabad Number 10
DE SHAW, Also known as David E Shaw is an investment bank based out of new York.They manage a total asset AUM of $55 Bn. Entering the Indian markets in 2006, with Anil chavla CEO of GE Commercial finance.
Career portal: https://www.deshawindia.com/careers/work-with-us