So, you have completed your Cfa exams, whether it is level 1 or all the levels. Firstly, I would like to give you the good news that CFA candidates, are over the years considered premium in the finance industry.Which also means, that the companies which hire candidates from IIM’s, will also be open to hire CFA candidates. So, without further due, lets discuss the cfa jobs in Mumbai.
Top 10 CFA Jobs in Mumbai
|Dun and Bradstreet
|JP Morgan chase
So, you might be wondering, why only these companies? Aren’t their thousands of more listings of jobs? Firstly, the answer is “Yes there are many”, but not all are relevant, and many are just consultancies listing their requirements. Hence, this list I curated, by individually looking at various job opportunities, that even I would send our students at our financial modeling course for jobs
CFA jobs In Mumbai Details
Before, you start going to their websites and starting to apply for the positions, you might want to hear me out. Not all these jobs are similar, but they require completely different specific skills but might have certain common skills. So, let’s start discussing this one by one analysing it role by role.
Morning Star- Analyst
So, those of you living in Thane or in the harbour line, can consider this opportunity very relevant. Morning star is a U.S based research company, with its India operations that has been consistently growing.
- Firstly an Academic background in mathematics, statistics, engineering or other quantitative discipline.
So, don’t worry that, if you are commerce student, because CFA already has this background on mathematics and quant.
- Secondly,A Masters, CFA or accounting designation (enrolment or completion); completed a bachelor (or equivalent) degree in a subject such as finance, financial engineering, or similar quantitative discipline.
Now, that is self explanatory, so don’t worry on this.
- Thirdly, Advanced knowledge of Python or Excel / VBA functionality;
Now, this is the trick don’t yet going on preparing or taking up the python course yet. Even, if you learned excel well in your financial modeling courses, then this shouldn’t be a problem.
- Fourthly, Familiarity with structured products market and technical expertise in using fixed income analytical software such as Intex (Dealmaker, Calc, Wrapper);
Now, structured products means fixed income, so if you want to be good at this interview then prepare fixed income- asset back securities, cdo etc well.
- Finally, Excellent written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
I can’t stress this enough, but seldom do candidates give enough time to the biggest skill, which is communication.
Dun and Bradstreet
So, dun and bradstreet I am aware because I used to hear a lot of technical trainers, doing corporate workshops on finance. Which ofcourse was in the learning and development arm of D&B. However, originally the company calls itself, a consulting company with over 500 million business records.
So, as per the job posting the research analyst is expected to do the following in the role. In my opinion this role is related to the D&B Credit department. However, this job role can be a very good cfa jobs in Mumbai for a career start.
- Preparation of report by analyzing a given entity & assignment of credit rating within the timelines and the SLA and ensuring full accuracy of data and quality
- Adhering to the different processes and timelines as per the SLA of projects
- Ensuring appropriate update of the database and relevant MIS along with process compliance
- Perform complex analyses, and work on financial/business research-based assignments/reports
- Interact with Correspondents/Customers/Sales Associates/Internally to ensure delivery of reports by Ascertaining quality & timeliness
- Being part of the internal rating committee
- Responsible for value addition and process improvement in reports
- Ensuring required Extracts as per business requirements from various data sources
- Support to sales team for explaining product information to the customers by making presentations, onsite support if required and handling any specific queries
- Ensuring proper MIS of the responsible business areas
ESSAR Global Fund- CFA Jobs in Mumbai
Now, a good opportunity for people willing to make a career in buy side in equity research. So, essar global fund which invests particularly in infrastructure projects. Which currently holds a total assets under management of 8.2 Billion Dollars.
Job Role- Analyst Finance
This job role clearly mentions, the eligibility for CFA candidates, making it a very relevant CFA jobs in Mumbai.
Job Responsibilities include:
– Research, analyze and evaluate a variety of investment opportunities in the Energy, Infrastructure & Industrials sector
– Assist in developing the strategy for new sectors within
– Assist in analyzing past and projected financial performance, quality of management teams, investment merits and risks, expected returns, regulatory environment, industry dynamics and other relevant factors, including macroeconomic factors
– Assist in engaging advisors and carrying out third party due diligence (commercial, market, legal, accounting, industry strategic reviews, regulatory, environmental, etc.). Review the diligence reports to ensure that the key diligence findings are addressed appropriately
– Work with the company management to understand past performance, strategy, outlook, regulatory and industry issues, and other relevant topics as required
– Assist in drafting Investment recommendations memorandums as well as presenting investment recommendations to the Essar’s Investment Committees
– Coordinate closing activities internally and externally
– Monitor Investments Portfolio
– Participate in discussions with management teams, Coordinate with internal groups and the management to monitoring the performance of existing investments
– Identify and help implement performance improvement initiatives at portfolio companies (including refinancing’s, restructuring etc.)
– Assist in preparing materials for asset monitoring sessions with senior management
– Assist in carrying out year-end valuation of portfolio companies
– Track market and regulatory developments impacting present and potential investments
– Assist in building and leveraging relationships with portfolio company management teams as well as co-investors
– Other relevant duties and projects as assigned
JP morgan Chase, Mumbai
So, I am going to assume that I don’t have to explain or illustrate the this company, because the company name itself says everything. So, let me get right to the job role. It’s a perfect start, for a CFA candidate to start his or her career in Mumbai.
Analyst- Foundation & Endowments
– Serve as a resource to educate and provide information to the sales force on a large number of funds/strategies on the global Private Bank platform – primarily focused on the Endowments and Foundations
– Prioritize and respond to a high volume of advisor inquiries across multiple channels (e-mail, phone, instant messenger)
– Leverage knowledge about our investments solutions, the markets, and views from the Chief Investment Office to assist in writing portfolio commentary
– Work with senior team members to develop and help drive initiatives aimed at improving the advisor/client experience (both internal external), including increasing the efficiency of information flow and communication channels between different areas of the business
– Oversee quality control checks to ensure data integrity and accuracy for content created by the team
– Assist in developing and updating presentations and marketing materials for clients and internal meetings
– Liaise with internal stakeholders (due diligence, finance, compliance, business management, etc.) on a variety of initiatives, including regulatory, technology, etc.Handling Advisor and Client needs (inbox management, questions on Donor Advised Funds, reporting needs, etc.)
– Work on time sensitive ad-hoc analysis and projects and create Request for Proposals (RFPs) to prospect new business. As a Proposal Writer you will be responsible for developing timely, cohesive, high-quality, and competitive proposals.
Nomura- CFA jobs Mumbai
So, Nomura is a Japanese investment banking and broker.While, I can refresh your memories further when it also acquired the entire operations of Lehman Brothers. Also, popular among the investment banking folks, Nomura is a frequent when it comes to application for research jobs for CFA candidates.
Job Role- Product Control Analyst
– To ensure that the daily P&L is accurately reported to the FO & reconciled between P & L tools & management reporting tools.
– To ensure that the relevant P&L and Balance sheet positions are correctly reported at month ends and that the applicable reconciliations have been completed and all issues identified/resolved.
– Providing daily commentary on P&L swings and variance investigation to Front office traders and senior finance managers.
– To ensure that the controls are adhered to
– To coordinate the completion and delivery of the tasks allocated to the team.
– To provide advice to the business on the P&L impact of trades and the interaction of the Front and Back Office systems, especially regarding trades and proposed new workflows.
– To ensure that applicable accounting standards are adhered to regarding P&L and Balance Sheet reporting.
– To ensure that Global policies are adhered to at all times and are kept fully up to date.
– To act as trouble shooter within the team.
Now, I am guessing that you might not be aware of this company. However, Linedata provides software services for the financial sector.
Job Role- Risk Analyst
– Perform a range of tasks involving analysis of portfolio risk, generating customized dashboards and monitoring risk limits to meet the requirements of clients
– Analyse the drivers of important risk statistics such as exposure concentration, Greeks, value-at-risk, stress tests, historical market views, what-if scenarios and performance attribution
– Collaborate with multiple stakeholders and take complete ownership of delivering Investor, Regulatory, and customized risk solutions
– Understand investment deal memos and build customized financial models
– Prioritize and execute multiple assignments including adhoc assignment within tight deadlines
– Ensure adherence to high-quality standards and industry best practices established at Linedata
CDSL- CFA jobs
So, CDSL is India’s publicly listed depository company. While, Most of the jobs in CDSL will either related to IT or risk. However, this would easily qualify as a good candidate for cfa jobs in Mumbai, for a simple reason. Which is, that its core exepereince.
Co-ordination and liaison with depository participants and other intermediaries related to securities market
• Preparation of MIS
• Closely working with team members to understand the requirements on specific tasks and executing the task in timely and effective manner
• Preferably job knowledge in handling back office activities
• Knowledge and skills on Microsoft excel and word
• Good Oral and written communication skills
Vallum Capital, Mumbai
I have written about Vallum capital previously too, on how fantastic this opportunity can be. If you can crack it. Vallum capital is a SEBI registered Investor advisor, which runs its own portfolio management services. Also, the main attraction is that you get to work with Manish Bhandari,CIIA who holds an extensive expereince in wealth management prior to this.
Job Role- Equity Research Analyst
1. Evaluate companies under coverage and identify broader industry trends
2. Create and maintain financial models of companies under coverage and conduct valuation analysis
3. Contribute to investment ideas
4. Interpret data and perform channel checks on industry and competitive outlook
So, this name also doesn’t require too much introduction. While, this company used to be the darling, for aspiring CFA candidates in my time, because it was one of the few serios places for CFA jobs in Mumbai.
Job Role- Credit Analyst
• Develop quantitative risk models to proactively identify deteriorating financial risk profiles for large corporates.
• Perform Quantitative Model Development, Validation, Monitoring & Governance of financial models.
• Predict signs of stress based on financials, equity market capitalization data, and credit spread movements.
• Participate actively in the testing, validation, and roll-out of new analytics modules on the Analytics platform.
• Collaborate with different teams across divisions of CRISIL Limited.
So, now one common theme across any of the jobs that you saw in this article is the importance of skills. Remember, that the industry has no where mentioned fancy qualifications. Infact, think about this, the company mentions the qualifications in one line but mentions ten lines for what is expected of you. So read carefully and then decide for yourself, what exactly do you need to learn.