All right, so there is no point in just listing you the list of investment banks in Mumbai. However, what you need is investment banks which can be a stepping stone to getting started.
|Ser||Investment Banks in Mumbai||Entry Level Career|
|1||JP Morgan chase||Credit Risk analyst|
|3||TSW Capital services||Senior Analyst|
|5||Motilal Oswal||Equity research associate|
|6||Anand Rathi||Investment Banking associate|
|8||Dexter Capital advisors||Associate Deal making|
|9||Credit Suisse||Risk Moduler|
|10||Kotak Mahindra Capital||AVP – M&A|
JP Morgan chase
So, JP morgan is a frequent name in investment banks in Mumbai that hires at the entry level investment banking roles.
Address: JPMorgan Chase Bank N.A., Mumbai Branch. Address: J.P. Morgan Tower, Off CST Road, Kalina, Santacruz East, Mumbai, 400098, India Phone: +91 22 6157 3000.
Specific responsibilities for this role include
– Perform in-depth credit analysis for various potential and existing TCIO investments across the fixed-income spectrum. Engage with senior members of TCIO Credit Risk and the Portfolio Management teams to complete risk analysis, present conclusions and facilitate timely investment approvals on live transactions
– Participate in portfolio credit impairment projections as part of various Firm wide exercises including the industry-wide annual CCAR (Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review) process and quarterly CECL (Current Expected Credit Losses) reserving process
– Work alongside senior team members around product specific deep dives required to support risk discussions, including preparation and delivery of analytical presentations for various senior Risk forums
– Participate in the development and maintenance of various credit loss models related to CCAR stress testing as well as CECL reserve projections. Liaise with independent Model Review teams to prepare model documentation, pass credible challenge and obtain usage approvals
– Partner with the Front Office, Finance, Valuation Control Group, Model Review Group, Policy, Finance, Technology and Middle Office for other ongoing projects, thus leading to the continued build-out of the TCIO Credit Risk franchise
Minimum Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
– Min 1-3 years of relevant work experience in credit risk management or in a credit rating agency
– Master’s degree in business or professional qualification in Accountancy; excellent academic record
– Strong analytical background with sound understanding of financial statements, including ratio analysis, cash flow analysis, and fundamental knowledge around key accounting standards
– Excellent oral and written communication skills, with an ability to deliver effective presentations to senior management
– The following additional items will be considered but are not required for this role.
– Candidates having proficiency with Python or other analytical tools such as Alteryx & Tableau will be preferred
– Knowledge of regulatory requirements as relates to a credit fixed income portfolio, including CCAR stress testing and CECL loss reserving would be ideal
Deutsche Investment Banks in Mumbai
So, Deutsche bank is a German bank with investment banking services in India. Also, it began its services in the 1980s. One of the interesting things to know about this bank is that, it’s primarily in fixed-income markets. Where it is the primary dealer of fixed-income government bonds in India and is an underwriter for GOI Bonds.
Role: Treasury Management
So, the treasury is one of the niche places where a young graduate can get into. Treasury entails, managing assets and liabilities of a bank to generate returns. Now, that’s also called as asset liability management.
Day to day Activities:
– Review existing FTP methodology in detail and suggest enhancements that can be implemented for better risk capturing within a model
– Calibration of FTP curves and product prices
– Ad hoc analysis / presentations to support FTP framework development / enhancement
– Improve existing processes of calculating the FTP charges and operationally booking them against the business units on a periodic basis
– Study macro-economic environment and suggest changes in existing methodology based on that e.g. IBOR transition’s impact on existing methodology
– Act as a functional tester for testing of bank’s new IT systems, being developed to automate existing FTP processes
Core Skills Required
– Experience in Fixed income products like Bonds, Interest rate swaps, Cross-currency swaps, etc, either from a pricing perspective or risk perspective
– Strong analytical skills and demonstrated ability to work independently, preferably with an understanding of a bank’s Treasury funding costs, liquidity management and financial resources
– Ideally looking for a quantitative/technical background with an understanding of data modelling, including good experience with Excel. Knowledge of databases / a programming language would be a plus
– Ability to interface with demanding stakeholders in business and infrastructure functions. Strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
– Ability to work within tight deadlines across different teams and time zones.
TSW Capital Services
TSW Capital Services (P) Ltd. (TCSPL) is a financial advisor based in India established to provide advisory services to emerging Asian, African & Latin American companies.
They provide services in
Location: 3rd Floor, Shree Likhami House, Dr. Cawasji Hormusji Street, Marine Lines (E), Next to Our Lady of Dolours Church, Mumbai – 400 002
Role: Senior Analyst Investment Banking
– Participate in the origination and execution of equity and debt fundraising transactions.
– Keep track of developments in various sectors/geographies/industries and identify potential equity/ debt fundraising opportunities.
– Build and refine detailed financial models to evaluate financial viability under various operating scenarios and to analyze the impacts of different capital structures.
– Analyse and interpret financial statements and then convey conclusions and insights
– Prepare transaction marketing material e.g. teasers, pitch-books with highest expectations on quality of output.
– Provide valuation analysis including Discounted Cash Flows, Relative Valuations, Asset valuations, Comparable comps, Transaction Multiples
– Support senior members of the team as needed
Ernest & Young Investment Banks in Mumbai
So, popularly known as one of the big fours in the taxation domain but that doesn’t stop them from offering services in investment banking.
EY Mumbai Location:14th Floor, The Ruby, 29 Senapati Bapat Marg, Dadar (West),Mumbai 400 028.
Understand client issues
– Have good working experience of financial analysis and basic financial modeling.
– Experience on live mandates and deal closure will be preferred.
– Research skills and building comparable valuation multiples
– Ability to build an understanding of an industry
– Provide support to the team in executing M&A and Private Equity fund raise transactions
– Risk Management
– Support on marketing pitches for M&A transactions
– Independent charge of financial modeling
– Prepare deliverables for engagements
Skills & attributes for success :
Have exposure to M&A
– Have basic knowledge of the rules and regulations that apply to M&A deals
– Experience of creating pitchbooks, deal execution and closing end to end deals
– Strong Financial modeling skills
– High team orientation
– Good communication both written and oral (including report writing)
Motilal Oswal Investment Banks In Mumbai
Motilal oswal is a broking firm based out of Mumbai, which is heavy on equity research.
MH-Mumbai-Queens Mansion,Queens Masion, 2nd floor, Flat no – 16, 44, A K Naik Marg, Behind Kadi Bhawan, Fort, Mumbai – 400001
Job Role: Equity Research Associate
So, the role entails doing:
– Actively tracking Consumer Discretionary employing thorough fundamental research to identify investment opportunities for client’s portfolio.
– Developed and maintained comprehensive financial models, authored daily client notes highlighting earnings releases, press releases, and management & analyst meets, and organized roadshows & investor conferences to provide a platform for effective communication between buy-side clients and company management.
– Regularly updating clients with key takeaways and near-term triggers from company earnings calls/quarterly results, analyst meets, and our interactions with industry experts.
– Analysing companies in the sector and to aid in preparing research reports with maximum Impact.
Skills and Experience:
– Candidate should have 1 year of experience with in-depth knowledge of the Consumer Discretionary sector & should have experience in writing reports & be able to articulate well.
– Candidate should have good analytical capabilities
– Strong Accounting and Financial skills
– Advanced level of Excel knowledge and PowerPoint Presentation
– Familiarity with research software like Capital-line, Bloomberg, Reuters, etc.
– Excellent communication, Relationship management and Networking skills
– Ability to work in a self-managed, entrepreneurial environment and should be a good team player
Anand Rathi Investment Banks in Mumbai
Anand Rathi is a leading investment bank focused on the mid-market in India. It prides itself in its domain expertise in the sectors that it covers, which is a unique proposition in India. Anand Rathi’s team of nearly 30 bankers come from industry with domain knowledge and have executed transactions successfully in the past.
Location:11th Floor, Times Tower, Kamala City, Senapati Bapat Marg, Mumbai – 400013
Role: Invesment Banking Associate
1. Experience in Investment Banking / Private Equity / Corporate Finance / Equity Research teams
2. Must have worked on presentations, company profiling, financial models, detailed research
3. Must have worked in live transactions. Sector agnostic experience would be preferred
4. Strong organizational skills with ability to consolidate and analyze data received from multiple clients
5. Good analytical skills, eye for numbers and Strong accounting knowledge
6. Good Excel skills (i.e. data manipulation, macros, Vlookup, array formulas, pivot tables) and MS
7. Proficiency in scenario analysis, valuation etc.
8. Knowledge of databases such as VCC Edge, CapIQ etc.
Aranca Investment Banks in Mumbai
Aranca is the trusted research and advisory partner for over 2000 companies.
Role: Investment Specialist Proactively provide in-depth, product specific expertise on a single instrument level : in particular in fixed-income, equities, funds and private market solutions. Generate recommendation lists, market opportunities and switch-ideas, as well as cover the news flow on the core offering.
Maintaining Offering :
– Maintain product universe for equities and bonds
– Oversee the key advisory holdings
Providing specialized asset class knowledge :
– Select and identify specific product ideas for equities, fixed income, and funds
– Generate recommendation lists for equities, fixed income, and funds
– Act as asset class specialist for equities, fixed income, funds and private market solutions
– Pro-actively support advisory business and Font Units
– Contribute to sales efforts for key investment ideas & campaigns
– Deliver Investment Content via content management tool to advisory platform
Dexter Capital Advisors Investment Banks Mumbai
Dexter Capital Advisors is a boutique Investment Bank providing best in class services to our clients. We focus on growth stage companies as well as new age entrepreneurs in their funding process and also on the late stage M&A targets. Role: Analyst/Senior Analyst
Location : Delhi/Mumbai/Bangalore
- Solid analytical skills with MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word). Strong presentation, pitch deck & IM making skills are non-negotiable
- Strong financial modelling skills are non-negotiable Market sizing Transaction & trading comps
- Thorough understanding of financial concepts, ratios Great and intuitive understanding of business concepts, ability to understand business using 1st principle, ability to put oneself in shoes of entrepreneur and Investor shoes and ask right questions Great communication skills – both verbal & written
- Passion for the Indian start-up ecosystem, a well-read person about Indian start-up ecosystem is desirable
- If you have been an entrepreneur & have raised capital for your own venture that is a huge plus.
- Strong bias for action/initiative and entrepreneurial spirit,
- A demonstrated hunger towards field of investments, investment banking and entrepreneurship
- Ability to prioritize effectively on mix of long-term & short-term deadlines
Credit Suise Investment Banks In Mumbai
Role: Credit Risk Modeler
– The truly global scope of model risk means that this role will involve working with an exceptionally broad group of business partners from every part of the firm, investigating model risk and model governance standards and performing detailed validation of risk models.
– Validation of models and qualitative estimation approaches used within the Treasury and Liquidity space. This includes validation of models covering stress testing, IRRBB, Liquidity risk.
– Performing testing and producing validation documentation following the model validation guidelines
– Timely delivery of model reviews with effective challenge and reporting of identified issues.
– Independent model validation through statistical techniques, development of benchmark models and data analysis.
– Review of model methodologies to ensure continuing compliance with different regulatory rules.
– Coordinating and collaborating with business partners across Treasury, Business specialists and risk management.
– Conducting research for establishing methodologies that estimate model risks.
– Encouraged to demonstrate independence in planning and partner engagement, testing design and execution, results interpretation and presentation, and the production of documentation strong enough to evidence a sound challenge to both internal and external parties.
Kotak Mahindra Capital Investment Banks in Mumbai
Kotak Investment Banking is a leading full-service investment bank in India, offering integrated solutions encompassing high-quality financial advisory services and financing solutions. Our services include Equity and Debt Capital Market issuances, M&A Advisory, Private Equity Advisory and Infrastructure Advisory & Fund Mobilization.
Key Responsibilities :
– Preparing financial models and analytical support for merger & acquisitions advisory transactions.
– Supporting deal origination & execution by taking ownership of creating high quality models and related pitch documents.
– Developing & building on business / industry for his purpose.
– Drafting pitch materials, information memoranda, investor presentations and term sheets etc.
– Performing company, industry, market and competitor research and due diligence.
– Ensuring quality of client deliverables by having strong attention to detail.
– Working across sectors and products on deal origination & execution
Skills and Requirements
– Strong knowledge of financial concepts, especially relating to M&A.
– Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple engagements and manage rapidly changing assignments in a team environment.
– Ability to quickly evaluate and analyze companies and financial information.
– Strong working knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
– Excellent analytical and quantitative skills, as well as strong writing and communication skills.
– High level of attention to detail.
– Ability to work effectively with senior professionals in an engagement team